At the first peep of spring sunshine, the urge to splurge on a whole new wardrobe is an instinct most dedicated followers of fashion understand. The spring trends for 2016 were showcased way back in September and we feel like we’ve earned our stripes and are ready to wear them! However, we are still in the early days of spring and the months of April and May are a period of transition, so invest in a few wardrobe winners and give your spring wardrobe a minor reboot!
1. Getting on “track” with your new wardrobe is easy. Ready, set…….go! The suggestion may sound hideous, but the track suit is a great staple which can easily be re-worked for weekend, work or party time. The key is to combine jogger pants with something a little less sporty. For weekend wear with ruched and ruffled dramatic blouses or add silks and chiffons for a chic party look! Play about, have some fun and really define your own track style. Strictly never pair with trainers.
2. Most of us have a hard wired connection which links the little black lacy dress directly to exposed brick work, sexy lighting and a menu of fancy pants cocktails. Well, time for a little re-wire guys! Yes black and lacy was traditionally a night time move but why the restriction? Re-work it with a simple bomber, pull on sliders and say hey to the day!
3. How long is it since you have been invited to a pyjama party? Prepare to get re-acquainted, as the Louche Suit trend means going from bed to bar, is verging on the acceptable. In traditional sleepwear style, the pattern options are mainly stripes or paisley! Opting for the right footwear is key to making this styling look intentional and a metallic platform ensures you are party perfect.
4. Spring 2016 is admittedly flirting with flowery frivolity but where does that leave those who prefer a dash of androgyny. Achieving florals with a boyish swag involves dimming the palette and opting for dark and moody florals along with a masculine cut.
5. While spring is a perfect time to invest on pieces that will last the test of time, it’s also the perfect season to pick up those of the moment statement makers. Dramatic ruffled blouses are sure to make an impact as the weather turns warmer.